How Does Bad Content Affect The Success Of Your Marketing Strategy?
Content marketing is an important component of any marketing strategy nowadays because marketers currently emphasize promotion in social media. High-quality content makes huge marketing effect on potential customers as they feel like getting closer to brands. On the contrary, bad marketing can cause harm to brand reputation. In this article, we will consider the consequences of invalid marketing strategies.
What Is Successful Content Marketing?
It’s becoming more and more difficult to attract new and retain existing customers. Customers feel annoyed by advertising. The differences between sophisticated and unsuccessful marketing campaigns are that customers don’t feel exposed to marketing efforts from the side of brands. A successful marketing strategy takes care about customers, helps solve their problems or entertain them. Otherwise, customers will not be interested to buy goods or services from brands. In addition, brands should communicate their strategies to customers so they can understand the initial message.
We Will Write a Custom Case Study Specifically
For You For Only $13.90/page!
The Role of Content in Marketing Strategy
The success of modern marketing depends on the insides of the website: 90% of companies use marketing for promotion and advertising. The cost of bad articles can be enormous too. Therefore, everything should be in line with the overall strategy. Also, frequency and flow matter a lot. For example, your customers are used to see fresh posts every Wednesday. By the way, the day when you post makes an impact on customers’ perception: Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days to post to reach your customers. Besides, it’s important to create engaging articles to receive feedback from customers. However, making high-quality thing requires a lot of efforts and resources.
Content marketing pursues the following goals: brand promotion, communicate the company’s mission to customers and reaching the new audience. It’s important to produce SEO-friendly articles to promote your brand in search engines. Using keywords and cross-promotion can help promote in social media and other internet resources.
The Cost of Content Marketing and Effectiveness of Content Marketing
At the present time, marketers use roughly 30% of marketing budget on content management. Effective marketers spend twice as much as those who are ineffective in marketing. The most effective marketers take advantage from support for their marketing efforts. They consider buying stage in content marketing efforts is the most significant one. Each word or phrase is important in brand promotion. Therefore, marketers should carefully choose what you post and consider the audience for whom it is created.
Presently, the principle to contact as many potential customers as possible to get an adequate response doesn’t work anymore. In the past, customers had more time to read articles developed by brands and they were more interested in reading it using various media channels. Nowadays, customers are not ready to listen to the offered articles because marketers fail to present value to them. As a result, potential customers are reluctant to engage with marketing.
The Impact of Bad Content on Brand Success
Bad quality significantly hampers brand promotion. The following consequences of it were identified:
- Ineffectiveness can waste more than 20% of the buying process
- Bad content decreases the probability of a sale by 40%
- Buyers don’t consider vendors having bad content: the probability of choosing these vendors declines by one-third
- Less than 50% of digital content is found useful.
Of course, high-quality content is a scarce thing that you can find when you buy a literature review with specialized services. But we don’t always need texts about literature, right? In any case, in the course of our research, the following statistics were found:
- On average, buyers consider that existing articles are excessively long in 50% of cases
- Buyers expect to read more stories
- Buyers expect to buy articles without any promotional bias
- Abandonment increases to 40% if content gating takes place
- The need for personalized articles is increasing.
How to Build a Successful Content Marketing Strategy
In order to build a successful strategy, you need to follow these advice:
- define the goal
- investigate your audience – you need to know the needs of your customers to develop appropriate content
- create your blog – this will help get direct feedback from your customers
- update existing content
- build a base of customers’ emails – for example, if your target audience is students, you need to collect their emails to send updates
- brainstorm ideas – if you target updating of education blog, you need to check the current updates in the field of education
- identify content format – you can choose from multiple forms, including videos, podcasts, blog posts, and infographics. If, for example, you’re creating for for seniors, it’s better to use infographics or videos.
- outline strategy – if you’re promoting your business, you should make a research of your competitors and identify your core competencies
- use social media for promotion – this is one of the most popular approaches to promote your brand
- used paid ads – paying for ads doesn’t require a lot of money if you decided to start your own business. The cost of promotion makes $5 at Facebook Ads channel.
We hope that these tips will help you build a successful content marketing strategy.
Content marketing becomes more important nowadays because this is the main communication approach in social media. Many brands are using social media to promote and sell their products and services. The goal of marketers is to create something entertaining, caring or helpful for potential customers. In addition, companies should emphasize personalized articles. It’s important to develop individual measuring criteria to measure the effectiveness of marketing as well.
This article was written by edusson.com writers.