CASE STUDY – Middle
CASE STUDY – Middle – sized textile printing company
- Q1. Mention the problem? The problem of that case study is the organizational conflict i. e.
every functional manager is trying to get his own interest; therefore, the working climate became disturbed. In other words, it is possible to say that it is a communication issue.
- Q2. What did sales managers do? The problem of the sales manager lies in focusing on getting more customers more than thinking of getting more profitable orders.
What did manufacturing managers do? The problem with the manufacturing managers consists in disordering of work steps, light color orders and dark color orders, which in turn wastes time and money.
- Q4. State your opinion to solve the problem?
- 1. Sales manager: He should modify the pricing policy for “rush orders” in a way that enables the company to exceed its breakeven point and get at least its profitable processing . i.
e. to make a special price for rush orders.
- 2. Manufacturing manager: He should review the cleaning process and try to implement a more cost reducing efficient method.
- 3. General manager: * He should consider introducing a new machine, one for light color and the other for dark color, hence, reducing the cost of getting a new machine will be covered by eliminating the cost of cleaning and cost of time wasted.
* He should ensure that the 250 workforce are aware of that every workers effort and role is step in many pre and post steps. Hence the notion of teamwork will prevail. Every worker should be aware of not only his own task but also the tasks of all his coworkers to get the value of his own role and appreciate it so self esteem will prevail. * As for , the functional managers, especially, the manufacturing and sales managers should be aware of their critical position and try to be farsighted to the long run objectives not only the short run. They should get rid of their personal interests and vision. They should cooperate and try to implement an overall objective.
Done by Abdulla Talal Alsada BH05501669 SBI((FF)) Dr. Gaber