Science Case Studies
A case study has always been an excellent method of analyzing and investigating scientific phenomena. Students oftentimes get such papers as their assignments because this method can benefit the learning process. It allows students to become real researchers. They learn how to get into the problem, distinguish the most important details, look for solutions, and think critically.It doesn’t matter whether you are dealing with a forensic science case study project or working on data science case studies, you still improve numerous skills.
But in order to do that, you need to understand this paper type completely.
Case studies can be used as research tools not only in science but also in academics. When you receive a task like that, you are supposed to take a separate person, event, company, project, or phenomenon and analyze it.There are different kinds of such studies. Illustrative type requires you to describe a subject of your work, adding some specific examples and in-depth details. This type of assignments is oftentimes used in data research as it provides some quantitative info and examples of the data findings.
Another kind is critical papers. It helps the researchers understand what caused a certain event or phenomenon, apply their knowledge to the scenario, and improve their critical thinking skills.Exploratory studies are employed to identify the research issues and methods. They are beneficial when it comes to an understanding the matters and challenges of the research subject and clarifying the processes it goes through.
Case studies can be very versatile and can cover many different subjects.
But no matter what you are going to write about, you need to understand how to do it.There are different methods you can use when writing, but the most common are the problem-oriented approach and the analytical one. The analytical method means examining the subject and trying to understand what happened to it and why. The problem-oriented approach is a bit more complicated. It requires the researcher to identify the main issues of the subject and suggest potentially effective solutions to them.
This method is more common among academic assignments, so let’s look at some tips on how to deal with such writing tasks.
- Start the work by presenting a brief synopsis. Describe the purpose of your paper, the field of study, tell about the problems and the findings described in the paper and don’t make any assumptions (save them for later).
- The next step is identifying the problems and analyzing them. It’s beneficial to give every issue a separate paragraph and maybe even divide them into subsections for a deeper understanding of the contents. Discuss each issue and present some solutions, pointing to the advantages and disadvantages of them.
- Express your point of view and state which of those potential solutions you recommend as the best one to solve the given challenges. In this part of the paper, you need to sound persuasive. That’s why it is important to provide some proof and relevant arguments.
- Then you can proceed to the implementation section. Here you need to describe how those solutions should be implemented, what exactly should be done when it needs to be done, and who can implement those solutions in the most effective way.
Note: You need to make certain that all of the references you provide are sited correctly. This can be done during the proofreading step, which is an essential part of every writing process.
Science Case Study Topics
If you are looking for inspiration or have no idea what subject to describe in your assignment, check out these topic ideas.
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles;
- The Waste-to-Energy Option for Dealing with Trash;
- Coastal Zone Management;
- Evolution and the Role it Played in Religion;
- Hurricane Katrina;
Political science case study topics:
- Modernization and Political Development;
- Ethnic Conflict;
- Rationality and Rational Choice;
- Political Psychology;
- Principal-Agent Theory;
- Dependency and World Systems;
- Balance of Power;
- Feminist International Relations;
- Deterrence Theory.
Computer science case study ideas:
- Life Cycle Systems;
- Computing Fundamentals;
- Program Developing in Java;
- Abstract Data Algorithms;
- Computer Logic and Mathematics;
- Robotic Controlled Surgeries.
Social science case study examples:
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and its Impact on Women’s Sexuality;
- A Qualitative Study of Suicide;
- Treating Infidelity and Depression;
- Human Rights Expertise;
- Sociology and Social Policies as the Ways to Stop the UK Poverty;
- Violence and Gender.
There are more ideas that you can use to write a great paper.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and discuss some controversial topics or something that hasn’t been frequently mentioned before. After all, you are the researcher, and it’s up to you to decide what topics you want to describe.